CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Funeral Service Representatives (Part- time, Markham)
- Grass Cutters (Summer Job)
Attention Quality Labourers!
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is a large cemetery organization that provides Seasonal Laborers with a unique opportunity to use their skills in construction, landscaping and general maintenance and make a difference for many grieving families by taking care of our burial spaces, buildings and properties. Our unique workplace binds us together and we have built a great team.
JOIN US…if you share in our values for the sacredness of a Catholic burial space, attention to detail and the need to have your work provide you with a great sense of meaningfulness and pride.
CCFS is currently seeking self-motivated and team oriented individuals for full-time Seasonal Labourer positions located throughout the GTA (Mississauga, Thornhill and Toronto).
• Participate in the Catholic burial process. This will include in the preparation, set up and completion of all interments and entombments at our properties, including satellite cemeteries. Completion of burial process includes framing, pouring concrete and installing memorial foundations, bronze/granite markers, pictures, wreaths and stands, etc.
• Perform various landscaping and hardscaping duties around buildings, structures, monument foundations, roadways and the general property. Landscape duties include but are not limited to: lawn maintenance, planting, weeding, watering, grave site restoration, etc.
• Perform basic janitorial services in our Mausoleums such as vacuuming, dusting, replacement of light bulbs, general housekeeping to all common areas, etc. to maintain our property facilities
• Assist in the preparation of on-site religious celebrations and special event days
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• A minimum two years of previous proven professional experience and/or knowledge in one or more of the following areas: general construction, landscaping and/or landscaping construction
• Physically able to do heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), bend, stoop, climb, reach and walk for prolonged periods of time with the ability to work from heights, work within confined spaces and in various weather conditions
• Hands on experience and ability to operate a variety of grounds maintenance and landscaping equipment and operate vehicles
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Courteously interact with families or visitors on the property grounds
• Completion of High School Diploma or greater is required
• Must be fluent in English, both orally and written, be computer literate to successfully complete web-based training, possess basic numeracy skills, punctual and reliable
• Prior to your start date, you must be able to provide a valid Ontario G Driver’s License in good standing, a Clear Driver’s Abstract, a CCFS Physician’s Report confirming your ability to perform the required duties, a clear Police Criminal Record Check and a pair of your own CSA approved (green patch) safety boots
Upon Hire, you will receive:
• A five days per week schedule, Monday to Saturday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with one Saturday off every third week. Work in all weather conditions and at one location with no need to drive to various job sites.
• An 8 month long seasonal work term, from the beginning of April to the end of November
• On the job training, Uniform Items and Personal Protective Equipment
• Opportunity for recall rights along with increase in hourly rate to a maximum earning potential of $31.54
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Funeral Service Representatives
(Part-Time – Markham)
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is currently looking for a number of Part-Time Funeral Service Representatives to join our team at Holy Cross Catholic Funeral Home. The Funeral Service Representatives will report directly to the Funeral Home Manager and be responsible for a variety of duties that will assist full time staff and support CCFS families during their difficult time of need.
This position offers a range of duties fluctuating between our funeral home and our receptions aspects of our business. This role requires individuals that are able to consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service while being able to anticipate and exceed CCFS families’ expectations. When supporting funerals, the position includes a number of duties including but not limited to: greeting, guiding and directing CCFS families and their guests while attending the funeral home for visitations, services and receptions; answering and directing incoming phone calls; assisting funeral home staff in preparing and directing visitations, funerals and receptions; general housekeeping of common areas such as the Coffee Lounge (if applicable), Visitation rooms and Reception Centre; and, providing support to CCFS for special event days and/or projects. When supporting receptions, the position includes a number of duties including but not limited to: room and stations set up, accepting food deliveries, serving food, clearing dishes and food after a reception, conducting inventory of equipment and supplies, laundering of linens, follow all safety and sanitation policies and procedures when handling food and beverages, maintain and clean service areas, maintain and keep all equipment in good working order and report any deficiencies immediately to the manager/supervisor.
The Funeral Service Representative position will be scheduled on a part time basis, with a minimum requirement of being available three days/week and work a variety of shifts as required. Schedules include day, evening and weekend hours as required ensuring the operational needs of the funeral home are met. The physical aspects of position require someone that is able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds and set up tables and chairs weighing 5 – 45 lbs. as well as being able to work in a standing position for long periods of time and walking throughout shift. This position offers on the job training, a competitive hourly rate, a uniform program, a safety oriented employer and a great work environment.
The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented and have the following skills: ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times, administrative skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, food service experience, team oriented, work well under pressure in a fast paced environment, excellent communication skills and strong time management skills. The candidate selected will be highly responsible & reliable, have the ability to work independently, a High School diploma or greater, Smart Serve certified or the ability to attain certification, a clear Police Record Check and an Ontario Driver’s License in good standing.
Grass Cutters (Summer Position)
Be part of our team and work Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30 pm only. Have your weekends off, all while being physically fit and getting a great a tan! You can start as early as May and end in August and if we get along, you will be invited to return the following year!
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto is currently seeking motivated and team oriented individuals located throughout the GTA (Mississauga, Vaughan, Toronto, Markham, Whitby) and the Barrie area to join our team as Grass Cutters. These positions are for our 2019 Season starting in the beginning of May and ending in August.
• Perform regular lawn maintenance as required to ensure an acceptable level of maintenance in and around buildings, structures, monuments, memorials, along roadways and general cemetery property.
• Safe and careful handling and use of manual tools, equipment, vehicles and machinery.
• Perform light maintenance on lawn equipment and tools, such as lawn mowers and trimmers.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or greater is required.
• Previous work experience using push mowers, ride on mowers, trimmers, an asset
• Physically fit and able to walk, sit and push with/on mechanical equipment for prolonged periods of time in varying weather conditions.
• Courteously interact with families or visitors on the property grounds.
• Ability to successfully complete web-based training, possess basic numeracy skills, punctual and reliable.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s G License or G2 License at the minimum, in good standing.
• Completed CCFS Physician’s Report confirming you are able to perform duties during the hours worked will be required.
• Provide your own CSA approved safety boots.
Upon Hire, you will receive:
• Five days per week, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
• Partial Uniform
• Personal Protective Equipment required for the job
• On the job training
• Returning Grass Cutters receive safety footwear allowance and opportunity for recall rights along with increase in hourly rate
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes along with cover letters to be submitted by Friday, February 1, 2019. Interviews can be held during your reading week.